to be resolved

So here's the list for 2011 (and beyond).

  1.  Travel more.  What is the use of being on this side of the world and staying pretty much on one tiny island with a bazillion other people? 
  2. Look for another home that has a decent kitchen with an oven.  The view here is spectacular but SB needs to eat.  Or fix the kitchen but we're renting so it would be an investment with low return.
  3. Invest in RMB.  Sorry dollar but I'm not holding out much hope for you in the new year, especially seeing the national debt counter.
  4. Figure out my long term goals with SB.  Does he still like my dream of going off the grid with two dogs, one cat, ten chickens, a fig tree and a strawberry patch? Did he mention something about a goat?
  5. Work to live instead of living to work.  I don't know how I will pull this off but my health has been suffering from the Hong Kong style of working.  I will grow a spine for starters.  If the boss wants me to work on the weekend he will have to at least ask me.  My time is valuable, dammit.
  6. SB has got to meet the parents.  We have been planning this for 3 1/2 years now and the situation is getting ridiculous.  In all fairness, the move to Hong Kong was quite sudden.  Then we need to figure out the appropriate time after the meeting to get officially engaged.  We don't want to end up like our friends S & T who ended up staging a wedding in front of their families two years after they really were married because of similar issues.
  7. Finish that damn revision of my thesis.  Then it will be over with.  Until I decide to revise it again.
  8. Start studying again.  No, not another degree but something to give the brain some exercise.
  9. Roast a pig.  I have always wanted to do it.  Now for the first pig, will it be siu yuk, kalua, lechon, porchetta, or some other variation?
  10. I'm trying to come up with a number 10 resolution just for the sake of having 10.  I will leave this open for a memorable achievement in the new year.

Comments

Hailey said…
Sounds reasonable to me - and I'm so with #1. Why live so close to all that and not look around.