Life as you knew it: Cornell

Almost four years have passed since I left Texas for Grad school. Three and a half years for the Master of Architorture plus one extra semester tacked on to do a Master of Planning. It has been a wild and wonderful ride. All of it. I will never regret staying in Texas to do undergrad. I loved every minute of it. I enjoyed San Antonio, I relished A&M, I loved it all. When I talk with SB and others, I realize that very few people had the experience that I did. I took time off from college to make sure that I was doing what I wanted to do and it has made all of the difference. SB is fine with undergrad. I am still delighted with my education. I had fun. I played rugby, I went camping, I went on road trips, I went to Europe, I did everything I wanted to do. I went to a school immersed in spirit. And I made decent grades while I was at it.

The grades were good enough that I wound up at Cornell for grad school. Where I met SB. Where all the pieces fell into place. SB got his MBA there. His time as a student at Cornell are the best of his life, and he has had quite a life. He went to boarding school where he got into more than his fair share of shenanigans, followed by undergrad at Union College and study abroad in Nanjing, China, where he feels that some of his future goals were put into place (such as moving to Hong Kong). But at Cornell he thrived. He and I bonded over how we just seemed to be doing everything we could to soak up every last bit of Cornell's essence. Between the two of us, at Cornell we have coached a rugby team, played in a rugby team, played hockey, played polo, played lacrosse, windsurfed, raced dragon boats, studied in Italy, and have taken class trips to Puerto Rico, Buenos Aires, Rotterdam, Mexico, Canada, New Orleans, and London.

It has been such a blessing to have studied there and made our own little contributions. We are both longing and yearning and hoping to return.

Below: my quick collage of four years all shoved into a few pixels. Ahhh... life as I knew it.

Comments

Jennifer W said…
Your pictures look great but I want to see them in real color!! I am so happy you are really happy!
architart said…
yeah.. I think there were too many pixels. I'll try to repost it.