The sweetness

but first... the sweatness. My SB sweats like nothing I have ever encountered. After hockey he can literally wring out his shirt. It even sickens his hardened teammates. He is very proud of this. He told me that he wondered how much he actually wrings out. He wanted to try to bottle it. There is a sports drink here called Pocari Sweat. It is like Gatorade. Because of this sweat bottling reference I can no longer drink the Pocari without thinking of SB and becoming nauseous.

SB then pontificated about his sweat. He wondered if it would be too over the top to wring out his sweat into a bottle and then drink it. I almost vomited. I am lightheaded just typing this, but I am sharing it with you fair readers because it is so bad that someone will enjoy it. I also added a picture of his expression as he was discussing his disgustingness as I choked and dry heaved.



He does enjoy tormenting me. And this next worthy shot is how lovely he looks after rugby practice. This was on the tram home, half an hour after his shower. And yes, he towelled off and was dry at one point. His body just kept sweating long after practice had ended and the result, as you can see, is him sitting there, soaking wet again. I can't go anywhere with him!



We are fortunate to be living in an area that is full of tasty food choices. There are two places we frequent to the point that they know us and give us special treatment. In return we return and he sweats all over their establishments and entices other customers to dine there, I am sure. One place is a tea house or cha chaan teng, which is a term for a local diner like establishment. Cheung Sing Cafe is my favorite and conveniently located down the street. The other is Moon's Kitchen (not to be confused with Moon's House Dessert in CWB). I like this place a lot for two reasons. First, the food is lighter than the usual slightly fried and oily Chinese food and there are many menu items that are definitely Thai and Vietnamese in origin. I suspect that someone who owns the place or is in the kitchen is one of my mother's people.

The second reason is that there are quite a few varieties of drinks and desserts offered. I must confess now that I am a HUGE fan of Durian. SB cannot find words to describe his horror of the fruit. It does smell awful but is so tasty. He calls it stinkyfruit. It is banned from our home. One time I snuck some home and ziplocked and double bagged it to the bottom drawer of the fridge. SB is perpetually congested with allergies so I thought I was in the clear but he came home, turn up his long and equine snout, and began berating me for violating the "stinkyfruit" ban. He also said that I could not consume durian in his presence but the waitress egged me on so I had some. Deeelicious. I had mine with tapioca pearls and ice cream.



SB had some warm almond paste. It was light and full of subtle almond flavor. He doesn't like nuts in his dessert but he's okay with nut essence. Same thing goes for tomatoes. Weirdo.



Moon's Kitchen, or Moon House Dessert is located across the the bus terminus
G/F, 35 Wong Nai Chung Road, Happy Valley

Comments