Friday Roundup

Friday went by so quickly! SB and I were out last night checking for signs of a Typhoon. He loves trying to drown me. Unfortunately (for him) there was not much to see. We had some okay Sichuan food. The restaurant was only so-so and I very much wanted to like the food b/c the wait staff were so nice. I wanted to have some spicy dumplings and have been foiled lately. I don't know what they are called in Cantonese and this is a problem b/c I have had them in a few places but recently I can't seem to order the right thing. I want won ton type dumplings swimming in very hot chili oil with some sweet garlic or preserved veggie sauce. Or at least that is what SB and I think it is. This place made them closer to what I remember but the sauce was too salty and I wasn't assaulted with hot chili oil like I remember. I want a taste bomb in my mouth!

So these were the dumplings we got. Sorry about the quality but all pics tonight were taken by a shaky hand using a camera phone without flash.



So then SB and I went back and forth on the ferry looking for danger. Instead we had fog. SB is very boy-like sometimes. We bond over childlike fascination with things like trucks and trains and boats and gadgets. Here he is straining against the barrier to observe the ferry captain land the boat. My ♥ melts at times like this.



And here is the truck we were laughing at earlier. Who knew that rednecks existed in Hong Kong?



And here's the new KPF/Gehry building that Javier is so excited about. Looks like overcompensation to me.


Comments