Happy Halloween!

I thought I would celebrate by trick or treating my blog.


Twenty years ago when I lived here, I went to HKIS (my school) for a carnival dressed up as a pirate. I had a large, plastic sword and and eye patch and looked quite impressive. The local children gaped at me as I walked past them with my mother. Nowadays Halloween is much more recognized here, although not necessarily celebrated by all. Unfortunately the scary part seems to have been forgotten and replaced with sexy/slutty. Take any Halloween character that you used to dress up in and add sexy/slutty in front of it. That's what you will see traipsing around Lan Kwai Fong. Sexy pirate girls will be draped over the bar or fighting with sexy witches for male attention. Slutty school girls skip by, chased by slutty nurses and equally immodest police officers.

Even better, you can now take your favorite super hero and with a few snips of the shears, you are instantly transformed into sexy supergirl. Even wonder woman has shortened her skirt a few more inches and taped together her bosom for maximum cleavage. If you can't find the sexy super hero costume you can always go as their animal mascots- sexy mascots that is. Sexy mouse, sexy rabbit, sexy cat. It's all here on Halloween.

I went to a party during my last year of college and I am not exaggerating when I say that more than 50 percent of the women showed up as a naughty school girl. It was actually very amusing to see a room full of women in small shirts and short, plaid skirts with knee socks, all trying to stand out from each other. I modified the starfish costume from Spongebob Squarepants and went as a giant vagina. At least I was memorable.

Maybe this year I should go as something sexy. Sexy vegetable? How about sexy Homicidal African Dictator?

Comments

Jennifer W said…
Please tell me you have pictures of 20 years ago Little Pirate C???
architart said…
I do, but they're with my parents in the States. Clearly they were not worried about my gender identification, as I was short haired and topless, except for an open vest in front.