I've got the golden ticket

to the Bledisloe Cup match between New Zealand and Australia. I am stoked!


My All Black stalking seemed to have ended in failure when I did not see them on either of my excursions into So Kon Po, where they were training. I did find evidence at our training that they had been there, as there was an extra scrum sled parked at the end of the pitch. Also, the posts at the far end, behind the try zone, were wrapped. Some of my teammates were wondering why. I guessed that maybe the posts were close to the line and perhaps these mighty specimens of rugbyness were so fast and strong that they risked running into the posts while the rest of us mere mortals moved much more slowly.

Next door at the India Club there was quite an event underway. It was some kind of a "hedge fund boxing" night. I wonder if this meant that investment boxers were knocking each other silly in a ring, or if they were just the main source of money. I could smell the overwhelming scent of perfume all the way over in our pitch. Ladies, please show some restraint. Your perfume should not announce your presence well in advance of you entering into a room... or across a large open space. Meanwhile, back at the pitch, suddenly a rugby ball came sailing over the bushesl. I went to pick it up and Joe, our NZ import, came over to take it from me and send it back over the fence. As I was watching him I suddenly recognized the faces on the other side of the fence. They were All Blacks. Not all of them, but there seemed to be four or five of them standing in an area next to the tents. Several of the ladies and I came over to the fence to get a closer look. I think I recognized Ali Williams and Adam Thomson for sure. I also thought I saw Jason Eaton, but he's sot supposed to be here. And he looked a bit shorter. Maybe it was Boric with beard growth. Hmmm.

I barely suppressed the urge to embarrass myself although I did manage an "I love you, Ali Williams" as we jogged away. The rest of practice found me trying hard not to become distracted by the men in black on the other side of the fence.


Isn't this a beauty? My souvenir from Saturday

Comments