A little bit of home improvement

SB and I bought some speakers from friends who had upgraded their flat. Being the mechanically/electrically inclined one, I set it all up. We have five speakers and a subwoofer nicely installed in surround sound in our home. I ran the wires along the beams and edges, and then covered them in white electrical tape so that you can't really notice them. I am quite proud of my work. SB didn't notice the wires, but he doesn't notice much :)

I am making little improvements to our home, bit by bit. I got some baskets in four increasing sizes that I have used for storing some of the clutter on his desk. I bought a mint plant, which is aromatic and useful as well as aesthetically pleasing. I am eying some orchids next.

One of our walls over the couch is rather blank. I wanted to hang artwork but we can't afford good art at this point, and I'm not sure about the wisdom of hanging nails in the plaster wall. So I got some mirrors that matched the squares on the couch. I think they bounce more light into our living area and open the room up a bit. Also, we did not have another mirror in the flat, except for a long, horizontal one in the bathroom that is too tall for me to see anything other than my eyebrows. Now I can have an idea about what I look like before stepping out every day. I thought SB would hate it but he likes it. It will be even better when I fill the home with plants that can be reflected.

Comments