Cuteness that kills

I am practically incapable of saying no to him when he smiles with his adorable, wide, slightly gap toothed grin. At least I am not the only one who succumbs to his charms. The other day when he was getting a haircut I noticed that he was in the shampoo area for an awfully long time. When I looked over to see his big, hairy knees sticking up from the too-small chair and the young lady vigorously rubbing his head, I immediately knew what happened. He is a glutton for a soft touch. He loves having me groom him and often asks for me to rub his back. I am sure that he flashed that megawatt smile and puppy eyes and the poor woman was helpless to resist him.

I should have said no when he wanted to keep stuffing his face with dessert but he was enjoying the mango smoothie so much. He also enjoyed the glutinous black rice with mango and the almond tofu with mango. Notice a theme here? I bet you can guess his favorite fruit. Gigi, our favorite server at Moon's, was astonished by how much he could put down after eating his entree and most of mine. She warned that he would not be able to sleep but there I was, allowing him to stuff himself to the explosion point, much like a goldfish would do.



Well, she was wrong. He was able to sleep just fine, only he needed to shift to manage the Snoopy belly he was sporting (I call it a snoopy belly b/c after eating large meals I feel that I resemble Snoopy when he is lying on his dog house). First he sprawled out flat on his back with my head trapped in his armpit until he woke himself up snoring. Then he rolled into his second favorite position, the crushing leg over my ribcage pose. Finally he grabbed all of the sheets and rolled away, leaving me cold but unencumbered. I went for some socks and spent the rest of the night in a little ball.

But isn't he just so adorable? I adore him right down to his long, monkey toes.

Notice the hockey stick by the bed? Klassy.


I am also beginning to have concern about whether the cheap shot he sustained has any lasting effect. Before we went to bed I was talking to him about baking and dough when he broke into "Do, a deer, a female deer...". He got as far as "Fa, a long, long way to go," when he paused. "So," he began unsteadily. "A needle pulling thread," I prompted. He stopped again. I had to finish La and begin with Ti before he chimed in, "you drink with jam and bread, which will bring us back to.." "DOH!" I exclaimed, Homer Simpson style, "Doh, Doh, Doh!" He tried to excuse himself by saying that he didn't sing the Sound of Music too often but I am not convinced.

Comments

Jennifer W said…
Goodnight those are some long feet.