the pack mule and the glue horse

SB dropped off a massive pile of laundry and asked me to pick it up later in the day as he was dangerously low on clean clothing. The man at the laundromat protested when I came to pick it up because the bag was enormous and heavy. When I told SB about this he indignantly replied, "I know it was heavy; I had to carry it down there!" Sometimes I wonder why I am so interested in equality, especially when carrying thirty lbs of his shirts and pants up four flights of stairs.


He was able to pick up a game of ice hockey after weeks of being too busy with work. He scored two goals (very good for a defenseman) although my eagle eye immediately noticed that he was favoring a leg. Sure enough, he had pulled his hip flexor. I told him that he seemed to carry a lot of injuries and he denied it, but in the past four months he has had a pulled hammy (thrice), pulled back muscle, pulled ass, sore shoulder, sore ankle, and now this. I would say that either he is breaking down at an alarming rate or he needs to work on his stretching. I know that when he had a really bad hamstring pull he later admitted to me that he was so miserable and hot that he did not take the time to warm up.


After hockey we went to Lan Kwai Fong for drinks at the team bar, the Keg, and to say goodbye to Fei, who is returning to New York to finish her last semester at Hamilton College, and to say welcome back to B, who went home to Thailand to visit her family and got stuck there for an extra week. We also saw some angry hedge funders who were fired from their jobs last night and were chucking the Keg's complimentary peanuts at passing taxis and people. The manager decided not to bring down the law on them because he felt bad for them, although it certainly wasn't the taxi drivers' fault. At least several cabbies seemed to enjoy the free peanuts and rolled down their windows to catch some snacks.

I was picking up the pile of smelly equipment and clothing that was deposited in our living room and found a peanut. I will leave it on SB's pillow and see if he notices.

Comments

Jennifer W said…
You have to let us know whether he does or not.
architart said…
Why, yes! Despite his slovenly sloppiness in all other parts of the home he is the princess and the pea when it comes to bed matters. He always tugs the sheets into a smooth palette and fluffs his pillows several times before sinking his head into the pile. Amusingly he did not mention this to me as if he somehow thought that the peanut had dropped out of his hair or something and had not been placed there! haha