Mail roundup

Look what a birdie placed in the mail! Do you think it was intended for me? I noticed writing in the bottom left hand corner. I wonder which girl left her details? Should I call her? I can't read Chinese so I don't think I understand what she's advertising. I would have thrown this away but SB grabbed it out of my hands excitedly and said it would only be polite to call her back. Hmm...


Is anyone else getting this in their mail or are we lucky?

It is almost as enriching as back in grad school when one of my roommates began receiving International Male catalogs. He swore he had no idea why they were addressed to him but regardless, the other female roommate and I thoroughly enjoyed flipping through pages of men in pimp suits and tight leather pants. I recommend ordering all your dashing male ensembles from this company.


oh yeah. SB would look splendid in this
http://www.internationalmale.com/

In other mail news, we also got the December issue of Hunting Fool. I don't know where the other issues are, but SB is happy for one. Judging from the wear and tear on the cover when I discovered it by the door (it was too big to fit in the mailbox) I would say that these magazines probably generate a lot of interest from the local mail carrier. The picture of the big horn sheep on the front is impressive.



SB liked this magazine because it provided details and forms for applying for some of the restricted hunting licenses in several states. Applying for an elk tag and receiving it have odds not too far off from the lottery but SB applied every year fruitlessly. Tags for out of state hunters were even more of a crap shoot and even though he was born and raised in Colorado, he had to apply for a license as a New York resident. I never was so crazed about nice looking game; I was happy to shoot and eat the local rodents of Texas: white tail deer, although once I got an African goat that must have escaped from a wild game ranch. You don't need a tag for invasive species. I hope that ranch lost a lot of money over it and will be better about containing their stock in the future.

Meanwhile, this New York resident did get a license and an elk tag, and he made the news, but for all the wrong reasons. As stated by the Billings Gazette:

.30-06 rifle with Leupold Scope - $650.
Out of state elk license - $600.
Gas to drive from New York - $700.
Taking a trophy Montana llama - priceless



Yes, he actually confused a feral llama for an elk, shot it, field dressed it, and tagged it. He was from New York. Stereotypes exist for a reason.

Comments