Super!



And because I don't want to end my day snarking at some one's rightfully entitled (though still wrong) opinion, I will end it by telling you about a very happy find.

I was in the dark bowels of Times Square, in City Super because it was the only place I could think of that carried an overload of grooming products and I desperately needed one of those pumice stones to remove the five layers of deep blisters of each of my big toes (thanks to the lack of softness, or even grass in most cases, of Hong Kong pitches).

Only too late did I realize that every other inhabitant of the city was also in City Super, buying up all sorts of beautiful treats for the Chinese New Year. Doh! Well, I was literally limping so I needed that pumice. Since the line was wrapping down the side of the store and I was starving, I decided that my best bet was to send SB to the bakery for some snacks. I had seen in the corner of the bakery some round, chocolatey globs that caught my interest.

He returned with a chocolate mochi ball, $7 HKD from the bakery. He took a bite of it and then as I was leaning in for my bite, he popped the whole thing into his mouth! Apparently it was delicious. He went back for more, and I finally got a taste. Yes, it was delicious. It was a chocolate shell of soft mochi-like dough surrounding a dark and creamy center. Yum! It is surely going to become one of those foods that I will occasionally make the dreaded descent into City Super's crowded halls to retrieve.




Comments

Jennifer W said…
That last picture looks eerily similar to the birthing process I am delving into this semester...
architart said…
What?! Ugh! Don't contaminate the beauty of my chocolate ball with your foul baby processes!