He always thinks about me

SB, in response to my complaint that I was cold: I know what will warm you up- carrying the laundry up and down the stairs to the laundromat!

SB had all day on Saturday to spend with me since his team forfeited their match. It was a sorry thing to do but I guess that they didn't have any options when only two members of the back line showed up for training.

He still has not done anything for my birthday, which was in the beginning of this month, so I was not expecting anything for V day. His presence was the most I could hope for, and it was nice to have him with the team for all our matches.

The day started with me waking up early to ice the cupcakes that I had baked for our coach's birthday. Then SB made french toast and I got ready for the match. He attempted to make some moves on me but I did not want to be late to the pitch as I was the captain of the first match. When I got to the Happy Valley pitch it was very muddy so I phoned him, begging for him to dig out my big girl cleats. Then the girls in charge of bringing the balls were late so I asked him to walk over with three of our balls. Next, one of the girls did not have a jersey so I phoned again and he was still at home (he is slow moving) so he was able to also bring along an extra jersey.

We won both of our matches and are going to compete in the finals against Valley, who won their match against Football Club again today. We will have to train very, very hard to make sure that we execute our plays at pace and aggressively.

At the end of our second victory we gathered to sing happy birthday to our coach and SB appeared with the cupcakes that he had run home to gather. We went for a romantic dinner with the rest of the team and finished out the night watching Six Nations. Actually, he only made it to halftime of the Wales/England match and went home while I stayed at the bar alone. But I did give him a big smooch when I got home. He rolled over and commenced snoring.

Happy Valentine's Day

Comments