The next big stock tip

Now I am in no way educated or even knowledgeable about the stock market but when has that stopped anyone? If 40% of Playboy bunnies can deliver better returns than the S&P 500, why shouldn't I get in on this?

So here is my take on the next most valuable commodity: dinner napkins. Actually, lets add any form of tissue to this. I have been noticing a trend here in Hong Kong: the careful hoarding and limited release of napkins. I can order the messiest, spiciest, most eye watering, sneeze inspiring Sichuan dish and yet spend the most painful part of my meal wrestling with the server for a small square of tissue. Clearly these members of the food service industry are in on some insider information and are carefully amassing tissue packets for when they will be the only form of currency in the future. If I were smart I would snatch the tissues in our house from under SB's nose before he literally blows all of their value away.

As much as you should be investing your future into tissues, you should steer clear of the plastics market. There is no value whatsoever there. In fact people are doing everything possible to give away their plastic and make room for tissue hoarding. Every time I enter a grocery store the clerk practically throws plastic grocery bags at me and I have had to bring out my bright orange, super sized grocery tote to hide behind as bags fly at me. The very clever bakery workers are even better at releasing the bags, attempting to wrap each and every one of the rolls I purchase in it's own individual bag when I am not looking. And then each bag is gathered into a larger bag, thus completing the wild bag giveaway. It leaves me burdened with bags, but don't worry, I have a backup plan: there is a small corner of hilltop behind my home that I can release all the bags back into the wild, thus eliminating my supply and making room in my purse for tissues.

Comments

Jennifer W said…
Ha ha ha. Yay for vio friendly bright orange totes! This post proves to me I will never visit Hong Kong. I use 103 napkins per meal.

I am very messy.