back in the saddle

I am delighted to be working again. Every day feels dream-like, partly because I am still getting used to having to be alert in the mornings, and partly because I was in such a rut over my unemployment that I can still hardly believe my good fortune to be in a dream job. I find myself looking at my reflection in windows because I am not used to seeing a professionally dressed individual staring back at me. There are so many people who seem to admire themselves a lot, that I don't even look strange when I join in vainly checking myself out.

I don't even mind the blisters on my feet from wearing my low heels or dress flats. I'm not even going to attempt actual high heels for a while.

Yesterday I gave my first presentation to the director and project staff. I was a bit terrified because I know they are expecting a lot out of me. I also stand out as the only white person, and the only woman on my team. The presentation went well and I received the go ahead to proceed with my plan. Life is great.

Comments

Jennifer W said…
Congratulations! I am so happy for you. You will be running that place in a year.