thanks, honey

My father once told me of my grandmother that if she didn't want to do something, she would eff it up so badly that you never asked her twice. She indirectly contributed to my development as a home economics superstar. My father used to ask her to mend his clothing. She mangled a pair of pants so badly that soon after, my sewing skills were given a boost when I got my own little sewing machine. My grandmother used to like baking pies for my father. Then she churned out some seriously bad baked goods and my father got the hint. My mother never mastered pie crust making but I did and now I bake the annual holiday pies when I go to visit my parents.

If I didn't know better I would suspect that SB takes after my grandmother. Recently I asked SB to run the laundry for me. I had placed some light colored shirts in the washing machine for a delicate wash cycle. Still having room in the load, I decided to go ahead and throw in some of my more delicate underthings. I did not run the laundry that night because it was getting late and I didn't want to risk disturbing the neighbors. I only remembered my laundry while heading to work so I called SB and asked him to run the wash. All he needed to do was turn on the power.

When I got home later that evening, I pulled out my wash to discover that everything looked really, really filthy. Had it mildewed in the time that it had been sitting there? My lovely shirts and all of my underwear were a strange, dishwater grey color. Only when I pulled out everything did I discover a dark colored towel that I was fairly certain that I would never have thrown in the wash. Ah yes Mr. Domestic had decided to be even more energy efficient and had seen that there was room for one more article of clothing in the washing machine. When confronted, he insisted that they were more of a lavender color. And besides, he reasoned, who would see my underwear anyway? "It's summer," I informed him, "I will be wearing a lot of tank tops and bra straps do occasionally get exposed." It would be mortifying if someone saw a dirty looking bra strap on me. He rolled his eyes at this.

Mr. Domestic outdid himself with his next task. Words pale in comparison to the vision of his latest laundry endeavor.





Do you notice anything odd about our freshly laundered pillow covers? Me neither!

I hear that my vertigo meds are also prescribed to treat anxiety disorders.

"It's just a tiny bit shrunken."

Comments

Jennifer W said…
Ah hahahahaha. I love your stories!