tug of war

After several weeks at the beach, I have realized that this is for me. I would miss Happy Valley a lot if we move. It is the most convenient for my lifestyle. I am within 15 minutes of my job, my rugby training pitch, three game pitches, the lacrosse matches, etc. But I love it here. I swim almost every day. I sit on the roof every evening and gaze into the ocean. I can wear the most informal clothing and no one notices. Did I mention the wonders of the beach?

SB is my single obstacle. He has two reasons for not wanting to move. He is uncomfortable with living somewhere for the first time in over a decade where food is not immediately accessible at all times. The last shop closes here between 11pm and midnight, and that is too early for him. His second objection is the lack of air conditioned facilities. The restaurants are mostly open, though shaded. I think that this is a more valid objection than the first.

So SB and I are at a deadlock. He needs to convince me that convenience and cooling trump natural living. I need to show him that this is a better lifestyle than Happy Valley.

Who will win?

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi!
my name's Matteo,
My girlfriend and I moved to Hong Kong looking for job and we would like meeting interesting people for a beer or a dinner.
I am an italian architect and she's a brazilian lawyer.
If you are interested in meeting us, this is my mail:
matteo.vergano@gmail.com
cheers,
Matteo and Gisela
Unknown said…
Ooh-err! Sounds like you could be in for a swinging time, Ms. Tart.