Everything Changes

My best friend had a baby last fall and now another member of our closely knit group has announced her pregnancy. I immediately congratulated her, and it was heartfelt, at least my feelings of happiness for her happiness. But once we ended our conversation I became depressed and even cried a few pitiful tears for myself. With two exceptions (one of whom is divorced) all of my girlfriends are married. Now they are reproducing and here I am, unmarried, childless, still pining for that dog that I have been waiting 20+ years for.

SB immediately came over and comforted me. Because that is who he is. He is oblivious and bumbling at times, but his efforts are to assure my happiness always. And so there he was comforting me because I was distraught that things were changing and everyone was growing up, including him, and I just wanted things to be "simple" so that I could always have fun and and spend time with the girls and not have any worries.

SB wants children but he wants me to be happy more. He has changed that way. He has matured into a man who is trustworthy and compassionate. I do not have any doubts about him. But when will I grow up?

Comments

Jennifer W said…
When and if you feel it in your soul that you are ready for a baby you will be an amazing mother LC. Truly, amazing. And if you decide that maybe it's just not for you, you will be a fantabulous mom to some lucky little barking piece of fur. (Etta is all better, thin and playful again. Want me to send her your way for a snuggle?)
Congratulations! Our selection committee compiled an exclusive list of the Top 100 hong-kong Blogs, and yours was included! Check it out at http://thedailyreviewer.com/top/hong-kong

You can claim your Top 100 Blogs Award Badge at http://thedailyreviewer.com/blog/9130

Cheers!

Angelina...