I don't even know where to begin...

Well, let us begin with my jaw dropping open at the idiocy that I read in today's SubStandard. I am not a Hillary fan but I cannot deny who she is: a determined, Wellesley/Yale educated attorney who co-founded the Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families at the young age of 30, who had her own illustrious career before and after her husband became president. I mean, how dare she become irritated when some dude asks her what her husband thinks at her own Secretary of State press conference where they are discussing issues pertaining to the State.

Can you imagine Gordon Brown holding a press conference about British affairs and someone asking him what his wife thinks should be done?

For sure Hillary was only annoyed because she is a jealous shrew.

As my professor John Greer at Texas A&M would have said, this reporter is "not worth shooting." But his/her mother should have drowned him/her at an early age when she saw how many hot gases were being emitted by her young child.

Next, I shall discus my word of the day: misogyny. In the meantime, I post the article in all of it's gory:

http://www.thestandard.com.hk/news_detail.asp?we_cat=21&art_id=86232&sid=24915167&con_type=1&d_str=20090812&fc=4

Hillary flares at bright spark in darkest Africa

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

So you think your wife can be brutal? Good thing you're not married to Hillary Clinton.

The US secretary of state showed a flash of public anger on her African trip after a student questioned her on the views of her husband, who is not with her on the tour.

At an open forum in the Congolese capital Kinshasa, a university student took the microphone to talk about the involvement of China and the World Bank in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

"What does Mr Clinton think about it?" he asked.

A clearly annoyed Clinton put the hapless student in his place, asserting that she was the United States' top diplomat, not her husband. "You want to know what my husband thinks? My husband is not the secretary of state, I am. You ask my opinion, I will tell you my opinion. I'm not going to channel my husband," Clinton snapped.

She was probably jealous of her husband - the former US president who has mostly stayed out of the spotlight since stepping down in 2001. But last week Bill Clinton stole the spotlight from America's top diplomat. He traveled to North Korea to negotiate the release of two detained US journalists, and was welcomed home a hero.

Comments

ulaca said…
Lost in translation. The poor student actually asked what Obama thought about the Chinese trade deal with Congo, but the translator got his/her Clintons and Obamas mixed up. Got to feel for the students, when Hillary Rodham-Clinton's response was translated back and they heard her call Obama her husband.
architart said…
That is unfortunate and a bit humorous to that part of me that isn't a Hillary fan. But I stand by my assertion that the reporter is contributing the global warming.