Mommy needs a time out

I came home last night to a quiet home because SB was in the middle kingdom visiting his factory. After not hearing from him I perused the fridge for a tasty leftover. There was one serving of spaghetti that was calling my name. I heated up my plate and sat down to watch some rugby on my computer when SB suddenly arrived, hungry. What was for dinner? Well, since you never called to let me know that you were coming home tonight, there is no dinner. He let me know that he liked my spaghetti. I asserted that it was mine. He sat next to me and made no attempt to find food. Feeling a bit of sympathy, I offered him a bite while he thought about dinner. Then I took two bites and let him take another bite. One scrum on the computer later, he returned to me an empty plate. "Did you just eat my dinner?!" He looked surprised, "Oh, I thought you were done and letting me finish it," "Why would I only want two bites of food for dinner?" I was not amused. This was the third time he has consumed my dinner and left me hungry. He offered to run to the grocery store but it was way too late for that. The only option was reheated dumplings from 7-11. I shot him my most dreadful stinkeye while I gnawed on some fish flavored dough blobs.

Later on, I retreated to my room to play with my new toy. No, not that kind of toy. I bought a Powerball from Escapade sports earlier. It is a gyroscopic toy that develops my wrists and arms, and apparently is good for carpal tunnel syndrome. SB immediately wanted in on the fun even though he was already playing with my ipod. He took it out of my hand because I wasn't working it properly and proudly showed off his abilities. "Hey," he said, "this is surprisingly fun!" Yes, yes it is. Especially when you're not watching someone else have fun. I could see that he wasn't tiring so I walked off to do the dishes. A minute later I heard a yelp. I shook my head and went to check on my overgrown teenager. Apparently he was so interested in the rapidly spinning ball that he held the Powerball to his chest to see what would happen. Did I mention that he was pleasantly fuzzy? Can you guess what happened? So I had my new toy for less than four hours and it was already covered in ripped out chest hair.


I snatched the Powerball and put it away. Unfortunately when you are the midget in the relationship, there is no place out of reach.

I need a drink.

Comments

Unknown said…
I am sure you are on top sometimes, Archie.