well, at least I have boobs

One year and three brand changes later, I am still dissatisfied with my birth control options. I miss my old tricylen. I went from one brand causing me to put on almost 15 lbs in six months to another that reduced my sex drive to that of a giant panda. I couldn't believe that SB even wanted to instigate sexy time considering that I looked a bit like a giant panda as well. I finally settled into Yaz, which has the lowest hormones of all the birth control I investigated. Who's paying attention to all those news stories about women dying of blood clots, anyway, when I'm finally feeling good about myself?

One side effect of almost all birth control pills is that they reduce the ability to gain lean muscle mass by as much as 60%. I can personally attest to this. I used to put on muscle rather quickly, especially during rugby season. I feel as strong as before, but I don't have those obliques sticking out of my sides or the arms that used to make my roommate jealous. I would attribute some of the missing muscle to the fact that I still need to lose those last 8 lbs that I put on last year and perhaps the muscle is lurking somewhere beneath the fat, but I can see that I just don't have it when I flex in the mirror and nothing major happens. The good news is that my desire to see muscle has kicked up my workout routine and so the weight is slowly dropping off. Nothing drastic, but I am losing about 1/2 lb per week. By the time SB gets his proposal together I shall be similar to my original size, albeit softer looking. At least SB is enjoying the boobs. Actually, I am also. I have spent more than a few occasions skipping around the flat, telling SB to check out my rack. I have never really had boobs before so I can be forgiven for my narcissism. I come from a family of mammorific women and yet I never quite graduated from my original bra. But all good things must come to an end and these shall disappear when I get in shape. The other day I told SB to kiss them goodbye because I was ramping up my workout and he literally tried to do so. Dork.

Comments