Martin Brodeur may be the greatest but Ryan Miller was pure gold tonight

I tried to watch HK Cable TV while attempting to work but no work was being completed so I forced myself to switch to just headphones. To my delight I chose a channel on radiotime.com that had my very favorite goalie of my lifetime, John "Beezer" Vanbiesbrouck as the announcer. Score! If Ken Dryden joined in I would have passed out from unfiltered happiness. Unfortunately after I flung my headphones into the side of my cubicle after a Canada goal I realized that I was still not productive and had to cut myself off.

At 6:30 I raced down the street to Amici where a kind and warm hearted Slovakian in charge had arranged to replay the game on the Slovakian channel. And what a game!

Although I became aware that even when cheering, "USA, USA!" with pure joy, the chant sounds goonish. But what else can I cheer? It's not like we're the only inhabitants of America.

In other news, I found curling to be oddly enjoyable. With the USA knocked out I wonder who to cheer for. I do find the two tone hair of one of the Scottish women to be compelling...

Comments