Boys' night out?

SB asked me on Monday if he could go out to a boys' night for Wednesday. "Can I come along?" I asked. He was nervous until he realized that I was teasing, although I had a good time reminding him of my ladies' night that he tagged along for. But I was actually relieved because it would allow me to stay at the office later without feeling like I was missing out by not being at home with him.

He called me at around 10:30 to say that he was coming home. It seemed a bit early but the timing was perfect because I was just packing it up at the office and we were both in Wanchai. "You're back so early," I told him as we met at the bus stop, "are the rest of the boys still out?" "No," said SB, "it was only Bob and me out." Huh? What kind of boys' night out is that?

SB recounted to me his boys' night out:
SB had dinner at Wooloomooloo, which is located at the top of the Hennessy. SB recounted how he met Bob at the bar at the rooftop, where he was treated to a spectacular view of the city. "It's such a different experience at that height with no windows separating you," he gushed, "It's really an outdoor experience."

They made their way downstairs and had a lovely steak dinner for two. "Did you at least go to the girly bars afterward?" I asked. "No."

"Did you at least drink a lot of beer?"

"We had some wine."

"You shared a bottle of wine?"

I was torn between rolling my eyes and succumbing to a jealous rage. That poo has never taken me on a date like that! Even the most "datey" evenings have begun with us racing against the clock because he left his office at 8pm and we had to squeeze it all into a three hour window of wonderful from appetizers to romantic race along the seafront. But there he was, lounging about the rooftop bar at 7:30...with Bob. Oh I am going to claw Bob's eyes out when I see him, if I ever see get to see him because SB keeps that Bobtart hidden from me.

"Well," I said diplomatically, "It sound like you and Bob had a lovely date."

"Boys' night out," he mumbled, "we had steak."

Comments