too mitey for me

While on one of my food forays that occur when SB is out of town and unable to hold me back I picked up a jar of Vegemite. Having heard all the praise from various antipodes I thought that this was going to be a marvelous surprise. But the surprise was on me.

It is awfully...strong. And as someone who likes offal and sweat inducing Sichuan hotpots that is saying something. The taste was very, very, very salty and a bit of something that I had never encountered before. Yeasty?

I then looked for recipes that included Vegemite. I tried it on eggs. I tried it with cream cheese. I tried it with cheddar sandwiches. I tried them on almost everything in my refrigerator.

I am beginning to sound like a bad simulacrum of Dr. Seuss.

Not in a box.
Not with a fox.
Not in a house.
Not with a mouse.
I would not eat them
here or there.

But I digress.

My point is, what do I do with this Vegemite? Can any Vegemite lovers explain to me the allure and tell me how to consume this murky substance so that I can enjoy it?

Comments

ulaca said…
Forget that rubbish. Try the King of Spreads.
architart said…
I googled "king of spreads" and got miracle whip! hehe