Ha! Wonderful!

That is what my beloved Uncle Jon used to exclaim when things went very wrong. He always was able to see the humor in life's twists and turns.

I found myself exclaiming this over and over again tonight. SB went to England for a convention of some sort and did not leave me with any of his details. I assume he took a plane out and I assume that he is in a hotel somewhere near a convention center somewhere between Penzance and Northumberland. I forgot to ask when he would return as well.

When I arrived home from work I found several e-mails from his sister. I did not see these e-mails all day because my vault of an office blocks sites such as gmail and netvigator so the emergency had been going on for most of the day (or night where she was). Then I was left with the task of finding someone who might know where he was...except I didn't have that information either.

Ha! Wonderful!

I eventually found the number to his office and called but no answer (even though some coworkers are known to work late into the night). And no message system so the phone just rang on and on until I gave up.

Then I tried to search his computer and discovered it to have a password protection. Why didn't I know this before? I tried a few of his usual passwords and did not find success.

In the end I googled the names of his coworkers who have slightly exotic names in Hong Kong (no Wang, Law, Ng or Lee) and came out with one Irishman and a Belgian. The Irishman responded to my e-mail and revealed that he was in Ireland at the moment and not in England where SB was but had tried to dial him and the phone just rang and rang much like his office phone. Ha! Wonderful!

At least between the Irishman, my e-mail to the Belgian, and my e-mail to his office contact e-mail, SB will eventually find out to call his sister like everyone and their mom are aware of at this point. I am kicking myself because I usually shake him down for contact details when he goes on trips but this time I just told him to eat lots of bangers and pies and sent him on his merry way.

Comments