anonymous accusation

Here's a great reason for why I have the blog: to post musings that I want to get out there but can't get out there with people who know who I'm talking about.

A friend of mine recently graduated from university and posted a cute slideshow of his life.  As I was looking through the slides I was amazed by how similar he looked to his father.  And his mother.  And...wait, it was eerie how similar his parents looked to each other.  I was tempted to re-post the slides here but for the aforementioned anonymity that I need so as not to risk ruining a friendship with these musings.

But I looked over the pictures again and I am more than a little bit concerned about the similarities in his parents.  SB and I probably experience a fair share of narcissism in our choices of each other as we have identified identical eye color and other similarities.  But we have noticed that our attraction to each other is also based in part with features that we wish to have.  I am choosing to make up for my short stature with his height and he is a wee bit obsessed with my bountiful head of very dark hair. He has straight up told me that he wishes to have darker, less course hair.  I don't want children but if I did, we certainly are trying to even out our perceived faults and highlight our attributes with our choices of each other.

Perhaps my friend's parents thought of themselves to be perfect and were lucky enough to find their reflections in each other.  But the similar thin, wide lips, pointy chins, curly brown hair and identical shaped heads are a bit too uncanny.  This is more than just a little bit weird.

Comments