Say hello to the girls

My cousin has had a rough year.  After her mother died of cancer she took a genetic test and found that she carried the BRCA gene.  She was undecided on what do do, having already battled cancer once before but then my uncle became sick and her doctor found some abnormal cells in a biopsy and that did it for her.  She has two little boys and she was not planning on leaving them if she had any say in the matter.

She had a hysterectomy and double mastectomy the next month.  My Aunt Jane had gone through having a hysterectomy in her late 20's and was able to provide advice for whatever my cousin was going through.  Of course hormone therapy has come a long way since poor Jane's days and there was no need for my cousin to grow a mustache while waiting for someone to invent electrolysis.

I have to thank my cousin's doctor from the bottom of my heart.  He was helpful every step of the way through the difficult process.  I am grateful for his kindness and compassion.  But I am especially grateful for the rack he gave her during the reconstructive surgery.

We are all very pleased with them, except perhaps her husband who keeps worrying that her cleavage is being exposed to their impressionable middle school students.  He isn't used to that.  But I suspect those young delinquents have seen boobs before.

Comments