my me(h)morable meal

SB and I were invited to Shoil's husband's birthday dinner at ToTT at the Excelsior.  The restaurant's ambience was lovely and I enjoyed the soothing color scheme of brown and copper with blue lighting.  The food was presented beautifully and my glass of house Shiraz was enjoyable.  No one else was drinking so I can't tell you too much about the wine list but the food was meh.  We shared four appetizers and four desserts along with our entrees and I was most impressed by how beautifully everything was presented. 

The dinner guests were another story.  Shoils and hubby have invited us to several dinners, always with different other friends who are always engaging and interesting.  Shoils could be a professional hostess.  She is a perfect facilitator as I have mentioned before, and we are always delighted to be included in her invitations because it seems as though all of her friends share a certain warmness that goes well with wit and humor.  Egged on by Shoils, we all end up having a memorable evening.

Comments