Uncommon cold

The abundance of colleagues wearing face masks tipped me to the possibility that all was not well in the office.  My suspicions were confirmed by an email from our vice-chairman informing us that he had left some type of vitamin C packets with the studio secretaries should anyone need any.  By Friday I started noticing that my vertigo was back and I was hearing as though in a vacuum.  I had a cold.

I bought a bag of ibuprofen at Watsons and 200mg lasted me through most of the morning.  In the afternoon I went to the nearest general practitioner in my insurance scheme and left with bags upon bags of medicine.  Some of the medicine was labeled: generic zyrtec, some type of decongestant, cough drops, paracetamol (to add to my growing collection); and some of the medicine was mysterious.  Thanks to Google I was able to identify another type of allergy medicine.  Should doctors be handing out bags of meds with no explanation?  What is up with everyone's love of paracetamol?  It has been given to us for everything from stomach flu to bronchitis.

My bag of goodies only cost $30 copay.  I added them to my overflowing stash of meds that I don't need to take.  A good night's rest and plenty of water did the trick.

I'm sure there must be an overprescription black market somewhere in Canada where I can make a killing.

Comments