fun for the familiy

We have a little family of two people but looks can be deceiving.  Depending on the day, time and place I may be living with a 5 year old, 14 year old, 38 year old or a 72 year old man.  It is one of the joyful/painful realities of living with someone with ADD.  I sometimes am worn out and beg for a break.  I sometimes send him off on his own so that I can clean up the home that he has destroyed or just so that I can be somewhere quiet where I don't hear him asking me to find things for him (that he will then leave lying around) or playing music, chatting on the computer and watching a movie all at once.

Most of the time I enjoy our adventures.  For the most part, ADD boy and hyperactive girl work out very well together.  We play a lot.  We hatch schemes and go out on missions together.  And he is so darn adorable with his goofy, gap toothed grin and crinkly hazel eyes that hold so much laughter.  I have a hard time saying no to him. 

Which is how I ended up with a ghillie suit in the closet.


Or how I woke up with cold feet one morning

 And then there was that time when he wore his hockey jersey to bed
 


 On Friday night as we were buying groceries he came bounding over to me like a happy Tigger, his ears a-twitching and eyes a-crinkling.

Me: Yes?
SB: (bounce, bounce, bounce)
Me: Honey, is there something you want me to buy?
SB: Can we have a pumpkin?

He picked out a monster; I bought the smallest one I could find that was still feasible for carving.  I still have nightmares over the Christmas tree that took up half of the floor space of our previous flat and shed bucket loads of sharp, little needles.  I have a fragrant smelling pillow that I made out of the needles that I picked up every day for 1 1/2 months while he falalaed away.

I sketched out a few designs for him and we settled on one that worked well for the size.  Then I had to set up a LOT of newspaper for him on our nice rug because he said that his mother used to carve the pumpkins indoors when he was a child.  Hmmm.  Then he plopped down and began his handiwork. 

I think that he did a great job.  I wouldn't let him save the seeds for me to roast.  I don't have the time to clean them and roast them right now, and from experience, those pumpkin seeds do not yield much food.  Last night he placed a tea light inside and then raced downstairs.  He called me from the street to complain that he couldn't see the face very clearly from the street.  He still isn't getting a bigger pumpkin.  I don't have enough newspaper.



So handsome

Comments