things that make you lose your mind

I have been laying low these past few days.  I started a few posts but couldn't finish them because I was about to blow a fuse each time.

SB is going home for three weeks for Christmas but I will not be joining him because I have to work.  I was not aware that I was being placed on the project that is keeping me in Hong Kong for the holidays until I asked for leave.  The person who denied my leave is the same person who denied it last year, who informed me that he was just about to tell me about the new project when I submitted my leave application.  He justified this by stating that he couldn't go on leave either.  But he went on leave last year while I had to work for him.  And that is all that I will say because otherwise I will lose it.

SB and I decided that this vacation would be a good time for him to get to know my family before becoming formally engaged.  Remember fifteen months ago when he told me that he wanted to marry me?  Yeah, I have almost forgotten also.  It kind of fell to the back burner after I lost my uncle and then we got overwhelmed thinking about the logistics of planning a wedding from Hong Kong for very dispersed families who have yet to meet.  He thought that maybe he could tell his family over the holidays but I think our families should find out together..after they finally meet him.

I have also been reading about how the Republicans and Democrats are spatting like a group of spoiled, bratty children.  The Republicans are blocking any and all bills so that the Democrats and Obama will look bad for not getting anything done this year.  This means that Don't Ask Don't Tell will probably not be repealed.  This means that needy children will not be getting more nutritious meals.  This means that tax cuts may not be extended and unemployment payments will end.  I strongly despise all politicians at this moment.

I strongly despise a lot of things right now.  And so rather than sharing any more grinchiness I will just lay low and sulk in the dark corners of my bedroom until SB ruins my sulking by doing something adorable. 

Comments