oh thank goodness

I am beyond relieved that we begin a four day holiday tomorrow.  This week has been intense and frustrating.  A month's downward slide has culminated a steep dive into the most miserable four days that I can remember.  I have had to exert great effort in biting my tongue and not telling someone what I really thought of his patronizing sneer that has usually followed a not-so-subtle attempt at making me feel ignorant.

I did have my own moment of schadenfreude this afternoon when our client raked the source of my misery over the coals for wasting all of our time critiquing  the foreign partner's design for code compliance rather than looking at the larger picture and noticing that the design wasn't close to ideal by Hong Kong building standards (something that was fairly obvious even to a foreigner like me).  Instead my miserable coworker made a list of small, inconsequential items that needed further review which was correctly seen as an attempt to underline how much he knew instead of offering any kind of help to our partner.  And so I hunched down in my chair so as not to draw attention to myself as I thoroughly enjoyed the set down.

The rest of the day was spent in a mad rush to clear items on my desk so that I can spend these next few days conscience free.  Oh how good it feels to be free!

Comments