we need another hobby

Rugby playing season ended last month and my rugby coaching season ended last week.  SB has a few more weeks of ice hockey and then he will be completely free.  Other than one hour per weekend for dragon boat training I have nothing to do.  It has been refreshing in some ways because I was getting burned out on the rugby season and personal time is good for me.  I have been able to go hiking and spend more time with friends.  I can even lay around all day and do nothing.

SB and I have been able to actually have leisurely conversations instead of catching up en route to a match or appointment.  This has been wonderful but there is such thing as too much of a good thing. We are spending so much time together that we have run out of new material and are now debating over imaginary situations. 

This morning on the way to breakfast SB told me that he had a dream that I was yelling at him.  In the dream we were house sitting for our friend T in Shek O and I told him that no, he could not take T's convertible car for another spin because he had just driven it to the China border.  SB was trying to argue that this time he would only drive around the neighborhood.

Of course I had to pipe up that if the situation were real I certainly would not let him drive T's car to China and back while he argued that T drives his car everywhere and it's a really fun car to drive.  And so the conversation went on throughout breakfast and on the way to the beach.  We almost forgot that none of this had actually occurred.

We need new material in a hurry or we'll be spending next weekend debating on the best way to watch paint dry.

Comments