HSBS- Nothing for Something

I strongly dislike HSBC.  Strongly.

I regularly transfer money to the US to pay my student loans.  I have been trying for two years to do so online but it is an exercise in futility.  I signed up for online banking only to find that I had to keep submitting signed paperwork allowing me to do things online such as international transfers, except I have never been able to do anything online after supplying the aforementioned paperwork.  For several months I was having trouble with my security device.  The security code was not working with the log in.  When I brought this up with the bank I was issued a new device.  What the bank representatives didn't tell me was that they locked me out of my account so I had to bring my device back to the bank to regain the privilege of accessing my money.

Then I got home to discover that I needed to reset my password after being told that I had to wait three business days.  Then I had to bring in a signed piece of paper indicating that I had to reset my password.  I was told to wait for three more business days.  After three days I am still being told to reset my password.  And bring more paperwork to the bank.  I have been unable to access my account since March.

In the meantime I decided that my blood pressure was not high enough so I went ahead and applied for a credit card.  I was told to provide my employment contract.  I pointed out to the bank representative that the contract was on record since I had brought it in to open the account.  They still wanted another copy before they would process my application.  Two weeks later I received a letter informing me that I had to bring a recent contract.  Not about to sign a new contract for the sole purpose of applying for a credit card, I went back to the bank to see what we could work out.  The representative noticed that my paycheck was electronically deposited with HSBC so surely this would prove my employment?

Nope.  I had to bring in a chopped letter from my office.  For all that, my credit limit is equivalent to one month's salary, which is automatically paid from my savings account, which contains well over my credit limit.  Oh yeah, and I tried to buy some tickets online with my credit card and was declined.  I have to bring in more paperwork to get HSBC's permission to shop online.  Holy sh*t HSBC sucks.  I would have less hassle if I kept my money in a pile underneath my mattress.

Comments

ruesedaine said…
Why don't you use Paypal?
architart said…
Can't pay student loans with Paypal. And I have not been successful in registering a foreign credit card with Paypal either. Have you had success?