whaaaaat?!

Or is it quoi?

I am on a rant.  I am giving notice so you can skip this post- there aren't any rainbows or puppies below.

I have read some heated statements from members of the French media about how unfair it is to show images of Dominique Strauss-Kahn in handcuffs.  Apparently french law bans publishing pictures of acused people in handcuffs.

Meanwhile French newspapers have published the name of the alleged victim while protesting DSK's humiliating treatment of being pictured in cuffs.  At least two newspapers have also published the name of the woman's teenage daughter, purportedly because it was necessary to prove that the charges are from an actual person and it isn't a conspiracy theory.  Really?  Really?

This must also have been the reason why one newspaper included the alleged victim's picture and a statement that she had "big boobs and beautiful buttocks."  I'm not including any links to the newspapers because I have this thing about victimization.

Comments