feeding the goldfish

SB phoned me at 7:30 to state that he was ravenously hungry and wanted to know what was for dinner.  Er, nothing.  I immediately finished the last of my emails and rushed home.  Knowing just how dark and murky the depth of his pit of a stomach is I cooked the entire package of pasta and whipped up an easy tomato sauce using ingredients from my pantry. 

He burst through the door moments before the pasta had finished cooking, head buried in a family sized bag of Doritos.  I hate Doritos.  I just thought I would share that with you.

I quickly placed the entirety of six servings onto a platter and brought it to him, then went to get a plate for myself.  I might have gotten half a serving onto my plate.  He ate everything else.  Then he polished off a serving of ice cream. 

He has these hunger fits every few weeks.  I don't know what brings them on but he can eat and eat and eat.  His metabolism is a wonder to behold. 

Then, less than two hours later he laid next to me as I was reading in bed and fell into a deep, satisfied slumber as though he was drugged.  I am strangely charmed when this happens.  It must be love.

Comments

Joyce Lau said…
I have a Canadian friend whose husband used to suffer occasionally from what she called "hunger anger." He would suddenly, desperately need to eat or lose his mind. And he was a tall, skinny beanpole of a guy.