Juno

SB and I attended three weddings in June.  All of this matrimonial fever had us thinking of our own plans again.  It has been almost two years since his decision to marry me now.  He still hasn't met my parents.  And I won't make it official without at least one meeting of the families.  It doesn't seem too much to ask for but somehow it has been a monumental undertaking.  My parents are very active retirees; they are constantly moving about the country back in the States.  They spend the fall and winter in Tucson where my father is a docent at the desert museum (I think I previously mentioned his work with the Harris hawks and other desert raptors).  During the spring my mother works as a tax counselor for the elderly.  They spend their summers at a national park in Utah.

SB's parents are no less busy.  He also has two sets of them to round up.  His mother and stepfather are in the process of moving to be closer to his eldest sister and grandchildren.  His father started another family later in life and has one son in university and a daughter still in boarding school. 

I feel reinvigorated by all the June weddings and maybe rededicated to our plans.  We are tentatively planning a meeting during the Christmas season.  That gives me plenty of time to get myself worked up worrying if they will like each other.  Wish me luck.

Comments