patriotism, cultural conservatism and extremism

When I heard about the bombing in Norway I immediately wondered if Muslims were involved.  I told myself not to jump to conclusions but the faces of terrorism have shifted from the IRA to Arabs and Africans.  A lot of people had my same pondering and others went so far as to draw conclusions and make accusations.

As it turns out the killer was the opposite of who we thought him to be.  Bond haired, blue eyed Norwegian Anders Behring Breivik killed at least 92 people in his version of ethnic cleansing:

"Tell me one country where Muslims have lived peacefully with non-Muslims without the Jihad
...How many thousands of new Europeans must die, how many one hundred thousand European women should be raped, millions robbed and tractor discarded before you understand that multiculturalism + Islam does not work?
...I dare not even think of how many Norwegian children who have been suicide because of these experiences (assault, robbery, rape, psychological terror committed by Muslim youths). There are probably several hundred in the last 15 years.
....Non-Muslim youth in Oslo aged 12-18 are in a particularly vulnerable situation in terms of harassment [from] Muslim youth."
 Unfortunately these children were most vulnerable no to Muslims but to Mr. Breivik.

Comments