bon voyage

SB has gone back to the States for a few weeks to visit family.  As usual, he left with a lot of flair.  Last time he had me frantically lugging boxes of product brochures; this time it was a large, bronze deer that ruined a perfectly ordinary departure.  The sucker weighed at least 40kg and its antlers prevented it from fitting into any of our suitcases.  We ended up covering it in bubble wrap and some cardboard that he procured from a lopsop woman and then nestling it in his hockey bag.  I hope his dad appreciates the effort.

Since he is always up for an adventure SB delayed completing a tender until last night.  He originally was supposed to be home at 8pm but the ADHD internal clock runs on a two hour delay.  When 10pm came and went I called him and was told that he would be home at midnight.  I gave up on him at 2am and left some a plate of cookies before crawling into bed and collapsing face first into a pillow.

At some point in the night the bedroom lights were flipped on and I found myself floundering for cover while SB attempted to coerce me into packing his clothing for him.  I eventually fell back asleep until it was time for him to leave.  Actually, it was past time to leave but he has no sense of urgency unless it is hunger related. 

Two hours before his flight was to take off we finally had a few minutes of cuddle time.  "Mmrrph hmmmph grrrmph," I said as he held my sleepy head against his chest.  "I love you too," he replied.

Comments