I'm going back there someday


Who doesn't love the muppets?  Actually, I don't want to know who.  Probably only Disturbed individuals would not like Jim Henson's entirely lovable, marionette puppets.  I admit that my enjoyment of Australian rugby commentators is tied to my fond memories of Statler and Waldorf.

Back in their heyday the muppets collaborated with a large assortment of musicians ranging from Ozzy Osbourne to Stevie Wonder.  And who could forget about Victor Borge and Rolf's performance of Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2.?  Now, my favorite muppet tunes have been remade by the current generation of musical artists in The Green Album.  OK Go starts it off with the Muppet Show theme song followed by Weezer covering The Rainbow Connection.  Though not as diverse as the original offering of the muppets when they introduced children to everything from classical music to heavy metal, the album evokes similar joyful feelings that I had a a child.

You can stream the entire album through NPR's website, linked here: The Green Album

Comments