momma shoulda warned you

On Saturday night I watched the England-Wales match at my local pub which has a decidedly more mature crowd than the youngsters at Carnegies.  I was joined my my young friend A and her boyfriend.  A is a looker; even if she wasn't so gorgeous she would capture notice due to being an almost six feet tall Asian.  Thankfully her boyfriend is on the of most laid back people you can meet because she gets a lot of attention anywhere we go.  That evening a somewhat intoxicated older gentleman was very keen on her.  His two friends brilliantly executed a blocking maneuver where they stood between A and her boyfriend and tried to strike up conversation with him while their friend was turning on the charm with A.  The boyfriend was amused enough with their strategy that he played along for a few minutes before executing his own move by casually standing up to his 6'4" height and causing everyone to take a step back, thus clearing away the blockers.  I was impressed.

The older charmer was very good; I think he might have said everything a woman would want to hear from a man within the first ten minutes of conversation with A. Mommas should warn their daughters that if a man says everything you ever wanted to hear in the first ten minutes you should run for your life.  You should also run if he has more than three buttons open or if he has no buttons where there should be buttons (unless he is a cast member of Dancing with the Stars).  The men regrouped and made another attempt, this time attempting to befriend me.  As if I would turn my back for a second with those wolves.  We left the bar soon after and finished watching the match at the beach with some other friends. 

Comments