if ever were whenever

Last night I was flipping through our sports channels when I found the Texas A&M vs. SMU football game.  I immediately ran to put on my Aggie ring and yell along with the rest of the 12th men.  After watching one of their strongest showings since 1999 I flipped the channel to see that Setanta was showing highlights of the Harlequins match so I could ooh and ahh over the mad skillz of my beloved Nick Evans.  I reminded SB for probably the 50th time of how I just knew Nick Evans was something special after watching him in 2004.  Then I reminded him for probably the 30th time of how Graham Henry should have done more to keep Nick in New Zealand and given him more chances to start for the All Blacks because Dan Carter's understudies have so far been underwhelming.

SB remarked that he was sure that Nick Evans appreciated my loyalty.  Not likely since he has thousands of fans now but maybe in 2004 he would have liked to hear my sentiments.  If I had been on Facebook in 2004...I probably still would not have shared my sentiments.  Never mind.  The only person I share my regards with is USA 7's player Justin Boyd and that is mostly because we both played rugby for Texas A&M.  If I recall correctly he was class of '06 while I was class of '03 and he was a real pleasure to watch.  It is still a pleasure to read his posts and share in his successes.

"This is the best night ever!" I enthusiastically informed SB after watching several hours of sports. He immediately sought to bring me to reality by turning to the Animal Planet where there was some show on about animal psychics or haunted cats or something.  Seriously, how was that show even able to last one season?

Comments

ulaca said…
Here's to Quade Cooper (just mention the name within 20 yards of a Kiwi and wait for the reaction) and Robbie Deans's entertainers to spoil the party in Auckland next month.