wheel on fire

In a recent interview with ESPN2, Wheel of Fortune host Pat Sajak admitted that he and Vanna White used to drink so many margaritas between taping that they had difficulty recognizing the alphabet by the end of the day.  This explains SO MUCH.

My grandmother used to watch the show religiously.  When I visited with her before dinner, we would watch some Lawrence Welk reruns and then move on to Wheel of Fortune.  As the years went by it went from mind numbing to painful.  I started to find things to do such as fetching her a glass of rosé so that I wouldn't have to listen to the opening notes of the show.  I wish that Sajak had shared this tidbit of news earlier because I would have loved to have joined him for a margarita...or three.  I bet that I would have been so much more delighted at solving the elementary puzzles if I were in a bleary haze.



Comments