hockey pictures

Okay, so I have had my Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens for a little bit over a year and I am getting better at using it but could still improve.  I've uploaded my latest hockey photos to show you.  They look pretty good compared to where I was last year but I am still fighting between underexposure and overexposure.  Sometimes the photos are too dark and sometimes they are too blurry.  Advice is much appreciated.

My rugby photos are much better but the speed is significantly less than on ice.  My biggest problem in rugby pictures is that some pitches are not well lit at night.  With hockey I am working against taking pictures on a somewhat reflective surface, through plexiglass panels, and with constant changes in distance between myself and the players.  They sprint the length of the ice in mere seconds.  I also have noticed that at 200mm, I sometimes fail to focus even though I thought that I had.











Comments