happy daze

I stopped by the Park n Shop in Wanchai to pick up some groceries and was surprised to see that it seemed busier than usual (it was mid-afternoon).  In fact, not only was it busy but the crowd in the store seemed boisterous.  When I turned the corner into the drinks area I discovered why.  Several employees were handing out wine samples, and not in small cups but impressive quantities served in small wine glasses.  There was one white man in the crowd and as I passed him, I heard him joking with his colleague that they had been in there for over an hour.  They didn't appear to be in any hurry to get back to the office either, judging from their acceptance of another sample.  As I slowly made my way through the crowd I could hear the two of them discussing the subtle coffee essences of the sample.  I wanted to get a picture of a group of jovial old men with purple teeth, whose wine glasses were filled to the brim, but I was apprehensive about who might not want to be photographed while knocking back wine in the middle of a work day.  I had to make do with a quick snap of the less interesting tasters as I made my way around the corner.


Comments