head meet wall

I blame it on the heat; I was too miserable to deal so for almost the whole summer I have been running all of our errands and completing all of our tasks rather than waiting for SB to do anything at his maddeningly slow pace.  Boy did I eff up.

I had to go out of town for the weekend and I really, really needed him to do two things for me.  I needed him to invite his teammates for a mixed lacrosse tournament in a week and I needed him to arrange a hike with some friends who we've been promising to see for a month.  I sent him two very explicit sets of instructions including the date of the tournament and my available dates for the hike.

This is what he did:

Friday: nothing (why do today what you can put off until tomorrow?)
Saturday: went on a hike and then hung around with friends until 10pm while missing my phone calls to check up on him
Sunday: dinner at 7:30 with friends; nothing else for the rest of the day.  Including not completing his two tasks.
Monday: listened to an irate rant that evening when I asked who was going to the tournament to find out that he hadn't contacted anyone about anything.  Apologized and...did nothing.
Tuesday (today): Received another reminder from me at lunchtime and sent back a response asking for details.  I sent back an ALL CAPS message telling him to refer to the f#&king instructions that I had sent to him.  He then emailed one (yes, one because sending to multiple contacts is just too damn complicated) person asking him to ask others to sign up.  Not to sign up for my team.  So a few guys emailed the organizers and are being placed on other teams that need players, and I don't have any men on my team.  He then emailed the hiking group and arranged a hike on the day of the tournament.

I am so mad right now that I can feel my pulse in my forehead, and I know that it's partially my fault, which makes me even madder.

**Update: SB made lasagne.  Pasta goes a long way toward soothing rage.  I am happy again, albeit without a lacrosse team and unable to go on a hike that SB organized.

Comments