rock revival

When I got SB Guitar Hero a few years ago, I didn't figure that I would derive much enjoyment from it, other than the enjoyment of having something to distract him while I snuck away to read a book.  As it turns out, I really enjoy the game.  While I don't actually play it (even if I wanted to, good luck tearing the guitar out of his arms) I have been enjoying the discovery, or rediscovery, of rock music spanning over several genres.

I forgot how much I liked the Vines and the memories of listening to a less stellar version of garage rock in my boyfriend's garage when I was young.  I relived listening to all of those big rock bands with my neighbor while staring at his prized poster collection on the wall.  And I never would have discovered Band of Skulls.  So thank you, Guitar Hero, for reminding me of what I love about rock n roll.

Comments