just like in the movies

SB got the rings and 'officially' proposed on Saturday. It's not like we didn't agree to get married years ago but it was still nice to get a proposal.  He has been learning the guitar for almost a year so he played the wedding march except I thought he was playing the end of Baa Baa Black Sheep. In my defense it was at a tempo that would be having me jogging down the aisle.  At some point I figured it all out and then noticed that I was still standing there in my smelly lacrosse gear. Well, it's not like he waited for my answer anyway before chucking my rings at me.

This whole time SB had believed that his grandmother had given each grandson one of a pair of earrings but in fact it was an infinity ring with two diamonds. I had assumed a certain size due to my belief that this was a diamond from an earring so I may have exclaimed something like, "holy crap!" when I saw it.

Then I covered him in kisses and cooling sweat. It was perfect.

This morning when my colleague made the mistake of asking me how my weekend was, I cornered him by the copiers and talked about my amazing dogs. They are so precious. I love cuddling them in the morning before I have to get ready for work. It's so nice that everyone agrres with me about my perfect, little furbabies.

Comments