no news is good news

My posts to the blog have dropped in the past year and I apologize to my readers but there isn't much that I can do about it. It's not like anything catastrophic has happened--just the opposite, in fact. Being too darn happy is the problem.

Yes, happy.

I mean, my job still has its ups and downs (we made the news last month when everyone had their salary slashed 5-20%) but the rest of my life is coming up roses and it is affecting my blog posts. Frankly, I could still post regularly but who wants to read about how gosh darned happy I am all of the time? It would be nauseating to read, and probably nauseating to write.

The great uplift happened when we got our dogs in February of last year. The furbabies have changed my life and made me a happier, more annoying person. Now instead of staying out all night, I prefer to come home and cuddle the dogs. I corner colleagues in the printer room to discuss how cute my dog was when she did something banal. My desktop is littered with images of the dogs. In many of the pictures, they aren't even conscious, because sleeping dogs are sooo adorable!

So yes, I have become lame and am trying no to subject you guys to the extent of my lameness. If you don't hear from me, don't assume the worst, although for some people, my sudden personality change isn't well received. I used to be deliciously acerbic, but now I'm a sugary mess.

Comments

Anonymous said…
With the added bonus that they're much cheaper than real babies!