space cadet

Astronaut Scott Kelly has returned to earth after over a year in space. When he was last in the United States, Scott Walker was leading the republican presidential polls. I wonder how Captain Kelly feels, having caught up on all that has happened in the meantime.

Well that sounds fine so I'll see you sometime
Give my love to the future of the humankind
Okay, okay, it's not okay.
While it's on my mind there's a girl that fits the crime
For a future love dream that I'm still to find
But in the meantime.

(lyrics from "In the Meantime" by Space Hog)

I sometimes wish that this was all a bad dream, that I will wake up and discover that Donald Trump and all of his Cheetos orangery and whatthefuckery was just a bad trip caused by eating some spoilt fish, that I have really been in a coma for these past nine months with my subconscious wreaking havoc over my dreams. I once had a terrible reaction to mango sap that caused me to break out into hives and hallucinate that my mother's head was floating separate from her body while she tried to talk to be in some sort of garbled nonsense. Kinda like that.

Comments