what I packed for two weeks in Việt Nam

This post will be interesting to about 0.04% of the population, but for those in the obsessive niche, here is my packing list. It's taking me a while to type my list because of this:


She loves me. And she likes to type. With her face.

But back to my list. What I think that I will need for two weeks in Vietnam, temperatures 77 to 93 degrees Fahrenheit in the South and 60 to 75 degrees Fahrenheit in the North:

  • 4 short sleeved shirts (including 2 lightweight from REI that look like something you would wear on a safari)
  • 1 long sleeve, synthetic shirt
  • windbreaker
  • 4 pairs of shorts
  • 1 pair of leggings (and we're going to act like leggings can be worn like pants)
  • 1 wrap (that I will purchase in VN)
  • 5 sets underwear (anti-microbial)
  • 1 swimsuit
  • 1 rashguard
  • visor
  • medication: Excedrin migraine, ibuprofen liquid gels, Dramamine, antihistamines
  • various sized bandages and guaze
  • sewing kit
  • toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, lotion, razor, tweezers, nail clippers, q-tips)
  • sunscreen
  • flip flops
  • trainers
  • sandals (extremely comfortable, ultralight Clarks that make me look like a cruise ship escapee)
  • electronics (phone, Go-Pro, headphones, chargers, transformers)
  • bicycle cushion (don't judge)
  • documents and money
  • my pride. oh wait, I left that behind with the safari shirts.
I am still debating whether or not to pack travel sized watercolors and a pocket sized watercolor notebook.

When SB's family visited us on their China tour two years ago, they arrived with interesting luggage. I used my camping pack for trips abroad but while portage is a breeze, it's not easy to access items using a camping pack. SB's sister and the eldest son had the Osprey Porter 46L, Her jusband had the Osprey Ozone 46L, and her daughter had and REI trail 40L. After researching online, I chose the Osprey Fairview 40L and bought for SB the Osprey Farpoint 55L (the Farpoint is the male version of the Fairview). I chose Osprey because we have a positive history with their products and because I felt confident using their sizing tool and fitting guide. Gosh, I sound like a commercial for Osprey.


Osprey should give me a commission (source)

But look at how designed the bag is! I love how it opens up so that you don't have to unpack everything to get to the item that you need.






I LOOOOVE organizing stuff and this bag made me happy. I was also charmed that Elsie tried to donate some squeaker balls and a rubber bone for me to take.

Comments